Category Archives: Community

Olympica gymnasts bring home state medals

Laguna Hills, CA – Olympica Gymnastics sent both Level 6 and Level 7 teams to compete in the USA Gymnastics State Finals in Long Beach, where they brought home two state titles and numerous top three finishes, April 1-3.

The Level 6 group took bronze and Laguna Niguel’s Lauren Phillips won a state title on the balance beam with a 9.675. Phillips also took silver on vault (9.525) and bronze in the all-around (37.725). Phillips was a leader for the Level 6 senior division throughout the season, winning six individual gold, nine silver and seven bronze medals.

Laguna Hills’ Faith Power earned a silver on floor routine (9.425) and Laguna Niguel’s Lindsey Nielsen took bronze on vault (9.400).

In the Junior C division, Dana Point’s Natalie Bray won a state title on vault with a 9.700. Bray secured seven gold, three silver and three bronze medals this season.

Mission Viejo’s Abby Owen and Kayla Grier rounded out the podium on vault with a 9.550 and 9.500, respectively. Grier and Ladera Ranch’s Sage Nichols tied for bronze on floor exercise with a 9.650.

Level 7 gymnast, Reagan McMahon of Ladera Ranch, started the weekend by winning silver on bars (9.475).

Overall, Olympica’s Level 6, 7 and 9 teams combined to win 44 gold, 61 silver and 49 bronze medals in their five-meet season.

The Level 9 team will travel to Las Vegas for the Regional Finals this Saturday and Sunday.

MLB Pitch, Hit Run Competition

Laguna Hills, CA – Join us Saturday April 23 at 3:00 PM for Major League Baseball's Pitch, Hit Run Competition. This competition is open to boys & girls between the ages of 7-14. Registration will be accepted at the event. This is a free event, registration form and copy of your child's birth certificate must be submitted to participate.
Competition will take place at the Laguna Hills Community Center, 25555 Alicia Pkwy., Laguna Hills, CA 92653

Shop, make offers, and list items and local services for free in Laguna Hills

Laguna Hills, CA – Launched in 2014, we at 5miles are working to create the best experience for local buying and selling online.

We developed the 5miles app because we were fed up with online marketplaces that are hard to browse, charge expensive listing fees, and are full of spammers and fakes. We wanted to create a simple and safe environment where buyers and sellers can easily trade goods from the palm of their hand. Using the power of your mobile phone, 5miles has made selling as simple as taking a selfie and buying as easy as commenting on one. And free for everyone to use.

Easy

Snap a photo, enter a text or voice description, and be selling to thousands of potential buyers within seconds. 5miles uses your phone's location to reach a multitude of buyers and sellers in your area. And making an offer is as quick and easy as sending a text message.

Safe

Along with feedback ratings, users can verify their identity by phone or via Facebook, so buyers and sellers can feel confident they are dealing with a real person. At the same time, our messaging system keeps your contact info secret so you can finally relax, no unwanted messages when using 5miles.

And unlike most marketplaces, our Awesome Experience Team is always hard at work reviewing items posted on 5miles, making sure they meet our high standards so you can buy without worry.

Fun

Flick through photos to your heart's content and find a great deal near you as you scroll through our beautiful app. “Like” your favorite items, follow great sellers, and make new connections with people in your area who are selling interesting stuff with 5miles.

Mark Sanchez worrying about whether the Broncos trade him

LAGUNA HILLS, Calif — Mark Sanchez wastes no time worrying about whether the Broncos will trade for San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Early Wednesday morning, he was too busy throwing punches, roundhouse kicks and performing tuck jumps while wearing a 40-pound weighted vest near his offseason hometown.

From the moment the Broncos acquired Sanchez — "I still can't believe it," he said — he has watched film and trained relentlessly to put himself in the best position to secure the starting quarterback job.

"Listen, I don't care who is there, what is going on right now. They are going to give me a fair shake, that's all I can ask for, a fair shot. I am good. Let's go. I will bet on myself and compete my butt off," Sanchez said before his workout. "I will be friendly and professional with whoever is there. But I want this bad. Really bad. I want what they experienced last year."

Sanchez, 29, has attempted to microwave his transition by spending time at the Broncos facility, even though he's not allowed to talk with the coaches. With the help of receivers Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas, Sanchez put together a passing camp — Broncos Beach — at Mission Viejo High School to gain familiarity with his teammates. He knows nothing is guaranteed, but he wants to maximize his opportunity.

"One, it's just to be around each other. That's important. It sounds like they have that family atmosphere in Denver. They talk about the locker room and it sounds fun. It's because of stuff like this," Sanchez said. "They get together in the offseason, and make sacrifices with their time and their money and travel to do that. Emmanuel and Demaryius were awesome, saying, 'Let me call so and so.' They've been great."